Over the course of next week, we will embark on a journey that has transformed lives throughout summers past for the great glory of God. We will be so tired by the end of the week that we will want to pull our hair out, but this journey is far worth it.
Now you may be thinking, what kind of journey are you going on? Well… I’m glad you asked. VBS! VBS:16 begins on Monday night.
Through VBS, lives have been changed for the glory of Jesus! Faithful and countless volunteers and door holders have given up their precious evenings to come and teach and serve literally millions of kids from around the globe through VBS. In the heat of the summer, students are loved and cared for each week as VBS takes place.
As you prep for VBS this year, remember why you are giving up your time to do so:
- We get to make much of Jesus.
- Paul writes in Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.”
- As we prep, remember why we do VBS… To make much of Jesus. We are not ashamed of Him, or the Gospel. We want to proclaim it with everything that we have!
- We get to aid in the Great Commission.
- Go therefore and make disciples of ALL nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always to the end of the age. – Matthew 28:19-20
- We get to proclaim Jesus, so that the nations may know Him. Think about it… We don’t know who will be sitting in the crowd during those days of VBS. Future business men and women, pastors, church staff, missionaries, moms and dads, the list is endless… Every person will play a part in the Great Commission… So make Jesus known now, so that the nations may soon know Him!
- We get to serve and love kids for the glory of God.
- Now they were bring even infants to Him that He might touch them. And when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called to them, saying, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the Kingdom of God. Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” – Luke 18:15-17
- We have the opportunity to open the door so kids can see Jesus. We can’t hold back from them. We can’t keep this Gospel to ourselves. We must take it to them, and share it with them.
- We get to lead VBS for God’s great glory.
- So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. – 1 Corinthians 10:31
- VBS will get long and tiresome, but we want to do everything with excellence because it is ALL for the glory of God!
- So, pray, plan, study, prep, and serve for His great glory!
VBS is a monumental task and requires much, but be reminded why we do VBS. Serve well this next week. Seek Christ in all things. Make much of Jesus so that the nations may know who He is!